The combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) is one of the most commonly used methods of contraception in the UK. Many women use the COC without harm but there are some medical conditions and lifestyle factors that can result in an increased risk to health.
The price of £60.00 includes VAT at 20% and is for one 12 month licence.
The purpose of this audit is to look at all patients prescribed the COC and check whether those patients satisfy the UK Medical Eligibility Criteria (UKMEC) for the use of contraceptive methods.
This is a patient safety audit, enabling practices to identify patients who are potentially at risk, as well as easily audit their clinical practice against national guidelines.
The audit tool can help practices by:
- helping practices monitor patients currently being prescribed combined oral contraception and highlight patients of concern or interest or for whom the combined oral contraceptive is contraindicated (women are being prescribed the combined oral contraceptive pill despite having a risk factor as category three or four on UKMEC)
- providing a dashboard view that is easy to read and gives a graphical presentation and 'snapshot' of patient care
- linking to NHS Outcomes Framework Domain 5 (treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from harm) which has a specific objective for reducing serious harm caused by medication errors
The Combined Oral Contraceptive audit tool is usually only available as part of full PRIMIS Hub membership. See 'Become a member' for more information.
If you are unable to purchase via card please email email@example.com and your order will be manually processed and invoiced.
Terms and Conditions
- licenced users must be basic members of PRIMIS Hub
- purchase of the audit tool does not include any email or telephone support or access to any other audits or benefits associated with PRIMIS Hub full membership