Print Header
Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here

CAS (Tier 4 Visa Documentation)




If you require a student visa (or extension to your student visa) in order to remain in the United Kingdom as a student, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Certificate (CAS). The Home Office requires the University to act as your Tier 4 immigration sponsor. If the University is able to act in this capacity, we will issue a CAS upon request.

Your CAS document will be sent by email, however you will still need to enter an address. This does not mean your document will be posted.

If you require a visa for travel purposes (not a Tier 4 student visa), you should instead request a Confirmation of Student Status Letter from the online store.

If you require a short-term study visit visa letter please contact for advice in the first instance.


Detailed Description

If we are able to act as your immigration sponsor, it will take up to 5 working days to send your CAS checking document to you. When ready, the CAS checking document will be sent to your University e-mail address.  Once you have verified the information in your CAS checking document, the next stage, in  order for your CAS number to be assigned, is that the International Office will need to check your financial evidence meets the Tier 4 visa rules.  The International Office do this for all current students, including low-risk nationals to minimise the risk of visa refusal.  Please note that you need the funds to have been held in a manner specified in the immigration rules for 28 consecutive days prior to making the visa application, in order to qualify for the visa. 

Please read the guidance notes on applying for your visa and contact an International Student Advisor: about this.

It is very important that you make your visa extension application well before the expiry date of your current visa. We strongly recommend that you have all of your documents completed and checked by an International Student Advisor at least 5 working days before your visa will expire. 

If you are overseas and intend to make a student visa application from outside the UK you must still make contact with an International Student Advisor in order that your financial evidence can be checked and your CAS assigned.  In these circumstances you should email at least 5 working days before you intend to submit your visa application.  We will then send your unique CAS reference number to you by email. 

How would you rate your experience today?

How can we contact you?

What could we do better?

   Change Code