When opening a student bank account, you may be asked to provide proof that you are a student at the University of Nottingham.
A bank letter will confirm your details and that you are a registered student at the University of nottingham.
Included in this document will be your home and term time address taken from your student record. Please check your details are up to date on the student portal before requesting this document.
Please ensure you provide the full address of the bank you wish to open an account with. If you are opening an account with an on campus bank, this document is not required for Santander.
Please note that if the document is for the on campus NatWest branch in Portland Building, University Park, we will give your document directly to them for you. You will therefore not need to collect your letter from a Student Services Centre.
You are able to request a maximum of one letter.Read More
Once you have graduated from the University of Nottingham you can request a letter to confirm you studied here.
This document will confirm the date you began your studies as well as the date you completed your studies, the degree awarded and the graduation date.
You can request a maximum of ten letters. If you choose to have this letter sent by courier there will be an additional cost of £20 at checkout.Read More
Confirmation of your student status at the University of Nottingham.
Please note - students may only request letters for themselves; requests on behalf of other students will not be accepted. This document can take up to five working days to produce.
During your time at the University of Nottingham, you may need to confirm your status as a current student here. A confirmation of student status letter will verify:
- Your Student ID number
- Your course details and start date
- The University term dates
- Your expected completion date
- Your expected graduation date
- If you require a letter for council tax exemption for your Nottingham address you should contact the Student Services Centre.
- Incoming Study abroad and exchange students (including those from the China and Malaysia campuses) should request their confirmation letter directly from the Study Abroad Team. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID number, purpose of the letter and the number of copies you require. The Study Abroad Team will then contact you directly once your letter has been produced.
- Students studying a Presessional English Programme through the Centre for English Language Education (CELE) should request a letter from their School. You can find more information about how to do this on CELE’s intranet site.
If you choose to collect your document, you will still need to enter an address. This does not mean your document will be posted.